Recipe: Thai Turkey Burgers
1 lime, zested
¼ cup whole-grain bread or cracker crumbs
½ cup grated carrot
1-2 tablespoons green curry paste (1 if you want a little heat, 2 if you want more!)
1 tablespoons fish sauce or low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- Preheat grill, grill pan, or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and use a burger press (or your hands) to form the mixture into four equal-sized patties. Put a small depression in the middle of each patty, which will help it to stay flat (rather than puff up) when cooking.
- Grill for 5-6 minutes per side over medium heat, or until no longer pink in the middle.
- Serve in whole-grain pitas or buns with Ginger-Lime Asian Slaw, sliced avocado, and fresh sprouts (if desired).
- If you want to prepare a quick sauce for your burger, combine 1 tablespoon plain fat-free yogurt with 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce. Add a few pinches of stevia for a sweet-and-spicy flavor.