Celery Root & Tomato Hash Browns with Scrambled Eggs
1 large tomato
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
Red pepper flakes and fresh basil, for garnish
- Peel and chop the celery root into bite-sized pieces. Chop the tomato into equally sized pieces. Set aside, separately.
- Warm oil in a pan over medium heat. Once warm, add celery root to oil.
- Season with salt, pepper, and paprika and stir to combine.
- Cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the celery root begins to soften.
- Add the chopped tomato and mix, cooking until the tomato has broken down and created a thick sauce for the celery root, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once the celery root is fully cooked through, transfer to a plate and set aside, keeping the pan over the heat.
- Crack the eggs in a small bowl and whisk with a fork until smooth.
- Add the eggs to the same pan making sure they cover the entire surface evenly. Gradually stir, creating curds with the eggs and making sure all of the runny mixture gets cooked.
- Serve the scrambled eggs atop the celery root mixture and garnish with fresh basil and red pepper flakes. (Some freshly-grated parmesan would be great, too.) Enjoy!