Recipe: Arugula, Asparagus, and White Bean Salad
1 cup white navy beans, cooked (or canned, rinsed and drained)
10 spears of asparagus (the thicker, the better), bottom ends trimmed off
1/2 cup red onion, very thinly sliced
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/4 an orange, juiced
2 teaspoons orange zest
1 clove garlic, minced
A few pinches of sea salt and black pepper
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave asparagus into long, thin ribbons. This is most easily done if you place the asparagus on a cutting board, holding the stem end with your fingers. Run the peeler down the length of each spear.
- Use the same peeler to cut the carrot into ribbons, twisting as you go to keep the pieces thin.
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula, beans, asparagus, carrot, and red onion. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, combine all ingredients for the dressing. Drizzle it on top of the salad and toss to coat.
- Divide salad between 2 large bowls and enjoy!