- Raw Nuts – This healthy snack is high in magnesium, a mineral known to help convert sugar into energy. When you snack on these raw nuts you will keep you energized for longer periods of time, avoiding the sugar crash. The best nuts for your body are cashews, almonds and hazelnuts.
- Lean Meats – Choose from lean chicken, turkey or beef as a great source of protein. These foods contain tyrosine, which is an amino acid that assists in brain activity and can also enhance your mood. These foods are also known as a good source of B12, which also help to energize and can even fight insomnia and depression.
- Eggs – These are yet another protein food that also enhances energy levels. This is due to being a great source of minerals like zinc, phosphorous and chromium. Not only are these a great breakfast item but would be a perfect accompaniment to a salad or as a snack.
- Dark Chocolate – A few squares of dark chocolate can increase energy and mood. This affect is a result of both caffeine and theobromine. Yes, finally a sweet treat that is actually good for you!
- Leafy Greens – These vegetables all contain a large amount of folate, which has been linked to decreasing depression. In fact these greens help to boost your energy and your mind. So keep these front and center in your salad or at your dinner table.
- Fruits – Choosing fruits, mainly bananas, apricots and kiwi, are a great way to naturally boost your energy. These are high in potassium which maintains normal nerve and muscle function, as well as fructose for ready to use sugars and antioxidants.
- Oats – Old fashioned oats not only make a warm and satisfying breakfast, but with their complex carbohydrates and b vitamins, they are a rich source of energy. So serve up a batch to get your day started or a great pick me up at work!
- Salmon – This fish boosts loads of protein, as well as energy boosting B vitamins, magnesium, and potassium. No wonder this food not only satisfies taste, but energizes you for a long time. Feed your body well with this delicious food.
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Take a look at some of the foods that act like fuel for your body! Great for everyone from kids to adult! We know how long some of those days can be so take a look below: