Friday, April 19, 2013


Massage Therapy

I’ve been playing Aussie football here in the US for a few weeks now, and I definitely need a massage. Last week I landed on my neck, yes my neck, and it’s still sore.

I think it’s time I went for a massage, I was just reading that a massage can speed your recovery by an extra 50%. Massage therapy is also a great mood-lifter; I think all of us can agree on that one, every time I get a massage I feel great, and I vow to return sooner rather than later.

I was just reading about other major benefits of massage. Due to the fact that a masseuse sees more of your own skin than you do, and they spend their lives working with the human body, a masseuse has the ability to discover abnormalities on and under our skin. From skin cancer, to inflammation, even a tumor, massage therapy can be used as a means of detecting serious life-threatening issues. I guess it’s not just a way to relax then.

No comments:

Post a Comment